Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 22 Oct 2022 12:07:19 GMT by cmkwok
I came to UK July 2021. I have been engaged as a consultant for a HK company with monthly charge since then. Is it classified as a self employment? If so, for 2021-2022 self assessment, in addition to SA100 self assessment form, which supplementary form do I need to submit? SA103(full) or SA103(short)?
Posted Wed, 26 Oct 2022 13:28:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see information regarding self-employment here:

Set up as self-employed (a 'sole trader'): step by step

You will need to check your contract to determine if you are self-employed or a paid employee. If you are self-employed, you would fill in the self-employment (short) pages if your turnover, including any taxable coronavirus support scheme payments, was less than £85,000 (or would have been if you had traded for a full year). 

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Oct 2022 19:54:53 GMT by cmkwok
Hi! I mailed my self assessment return to HMRC today morning and found that I filled in with a wrong NI number. Please advise what should I do next. Can I send an email to rectify it?
Posted Mon, 31 Oct 2022 15:29:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As long as your address or 10 digit UTR self assessment number are on the form, we should be able to trace your national insurance number
and capture your return using the correct NINO.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.