Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Apr 2022 13:18:58 GMT by prophet.mani
Hello all, I work full time at a 9-5 job and my tax is of course automatically deducted from my pay via PAYE. In the past year I've also started doing some freelance work on the side which has bought in more than £1,000 so I'll need to fill out a sole trader tax return for HMRC. My question is - will filling in the latter alert my main employer that I am freelancing? Will HMRC get in touch with them or anything like that? best, P Mani
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 14:22:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

We would not pass this information to the employer.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.