Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 09:14:09 GMT by Giorgio Valente
hello, I've recently moved abroad and started renting my property in the UK. The HMRC sent me the UTR and told me that I need to complete a tax return. I tried to do that using the online Self Assessment form in the HMRC website however under 'Tell us about you' it's asking about the Taxpayer residency status, and the options are: English, Scottish and Welsh. What do I do if I live abroad and none of them apply to me? Thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2024 13:22:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
As a Non Resident Landlord you cannort file online unless you buy 3rd party software as you need to include the residence section on the return -
Self Assessment commercial software suppliers
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.