Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Oct 2021 17:37:57 GMT by taxistaxing
Hello, since the collapse of Woodford Income, I have received some distributions but still hold the units. There is little value in them but I cannot sell them to 'crystalise' my losses. Can I account for a loss now on my tax return, to set aside gains made on other investments or am I stuck until the fund is completely wound up and the units written off in whatever way?
Posted Tue, 05 Oct 2021 09:48:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please see guidance here on negligible value claims :

Negligible value claims and Income Tax losses on disposal of shares (Self Assessment helpsheet HS286)
Thank you.  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.