Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Jun 2022 14:11:41 GMT by michael Jerom
Hi I came to UK during 2002. From 2015 onward I do have foreign income as interest around £2500 per annum in my overseas bank and is still there. This is the money remitted from UK. I never done any self assessment so far because I do not know. Now I got letter from HMRC for self assessment. What are the documents i need to submit from 2015 onwards.
Posted Tue, 21 Jun 2022 14:08:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance :

Tax on foreign income    .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 02:24:15 GMT by michael Jerom
Hi, I am trying to fill online self assessment for my £2500 overseas interest received, There is no where to enter that amount into. It only asking have u received over seas income up to £2000. Where i can input my overseas income amount in online form. Thanks in advance. I filled overseas section and it says you do not have to fill overseas section.
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 08:06:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

For overseas income, you need to tailor your tax return to show that you have foreign income. This will then open further boxes for you to declare the interest received.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 09:35:18 GMT by michael Jerom
Ok, Thanks for the reply. How I can tax return for previous tax years online. I am assessible only for current financial year.
Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 09:55:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 24

Years prior to 2019 cannot be filed online, you will need to submit paper copies.

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.