Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 13:06:40 GMT by Edward
Hi, I own some shares in three large offshore dividend paying equity ETFs that do not have UK reporting status (they are USA domiciled and exchange listed). I would like to clarify / double check the following: 1) I understand that on disposal any capital gains “amounts” from such non-UKFRS ETFs must be declared as income, where any capital losses are treated as nil for all intents & purposes and capital gains allowances do not apply. Is my understanding correct? 2) In the Foreign pages should said “amounts” be reported under “Other overseas income and gains” as “Gains on disposal of holdings in offshore funds” i.e. in SA106 box 41 page F6? If not, kindly tell me where and under which voice they should be reported. 3) I think that dividend distributions from such ETFs should be reported as “Dividends from foreign companies” in the “Income from overseas sources” section of the Foreign pages (i.e. SA106 pages F2 & F3). Is this correct? If not, kindly tell me where they should be reported. Thank you. Regards 

Name removed admin .
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 11:30:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You are correct for all. Further guidance can be found at:

HS265 Offshore funds

IFM12300 - Offshore Funds: introduction: non-reporting funds

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.