Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 13:59:38 GMT by PYK
Good afternoon! Thanks in advance for spending time to answer my questions. Time frame: Sep 20, 2022 I arrived in UK and stayed in hotel for about 2 weeks. No other home in overseas Oct 1, 2022 Stayed at my only home(rented an apartment) in UK. No other home in overseas Jan 1, 2023 Started to have my full time UK job and my employer used PAYE for payroll I have studied that Split year treatment Case 4 applies to me. And the start date is Oct 1, 2022 Questions: I will submit self assessment because I need to apply the split year treatment (SA109) Do I need to submit SA102 for my PAYE salary as well? Thank you so much!
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 13:35:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, all UK income for the whole tax year is declared on the tax return. Only foreign income that arisies in the overseas period of the split year should not be included on the return. All worldwide income from from the date you arrived in the UK, should be declared, as that is the date the overseas split ends.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.