Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2022 17:40:05 GMT by J Lee
I completed the tax clearance on leaving Hong Kong and arrived in UK on 1/10/2021. I did not work in UK and with capital loss. May I know if I need to submit a self assessment claiming for split year arrangement?
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:19:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you qualify for split year then you only report any foreign income for the UK part of the year :

Residence, Domicile and Remittance Basis Manual  .

If you do not qualify then you will need to report all your foreign income to the UK :

Tax on foreign income .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.