Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:43:16 GMT by Apteryx
Hello, I have already claimed tax relief on professional subscriptions and for working from home (WFH) expenses in 21-22 and have a p800 tax calculation. My pension provider is now telling me I need to complete a self-assessment tax return for that year. Should I re-enter the details of professional subscriptions and WFH expenses into that self-assessment form so they have the "whole picture" in one application? My first time doing this - any help greatly appreciated.
Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 16:45:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You will need to complete the self assessment form declaring all of your sources of income, professional subscriptions and other expenses including working from home expenses.
You do not say if you had a repayment of tax from the P800 calculation.
If you did, then this is shown on the SA100 as well.
Your self assessment tax return will calculation your tax liability and replace the P800 you have recieved.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.