Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:20:24 GMT by j1j
I have an investment in an overseas company which pays in dividends in US dollars - do I have to declare that on my tax return and if so where?
Posted Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:45:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 29

Foreign income needs to be declared on your tax return if you are UK tax resident.

If this is your only source of foreign income and the dividend amount is less than £2000, and no tax has been paid, then you can enter this on the UK dividend section. Otherwise this will need to be reported under the foreign income section. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.