Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:26:24 GMT by jimmo77
In Oct, I received a tax calculation which I felt was incorrect. I wrote back immediately, explaining how and why I thought it was incorrect and asking for it to be looked at again. I know that my letter was received as I sent it by special delivery. I have received no response. The tax bill is due to be paid at the end of January. Do I pay it and hope that it will be refunded? Do I not pay it and continue to wait for some kind of response? I would really appreciate a definitive answer.
Posted Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:52:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi jimmo77,

If you pay the incorrect amount, and we amend the calculation you will be refunded any overpaid amount.

Our Self Assessment department may be able to review the calculation if you contact by webchat or telephone.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.