Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 13:45:16 GMT by Amy Ho
I was working in Hong Kong from Jan-Jun 2021 and resigned in the end of Jun 2021. In mid July 2021, I moved to the UK by BNO visa and started unemployment till mid Feb 2022. From Mid Feb 2022, I started a new job in the UK. In this financial year, do I need to register tax return and split year treatment? May you advise the procedure how to register? Thanks. Do I need to register SA1 to get UTR before register split year treatment?
Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 13:19:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you will need to register for Self Assessment to claim split year treatment. You can do this here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.