Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Oct 2022 09:16:34 GMT by AlinaB
Hi All, When completing my Self Assessment form I have been prompted to confirm the 'Amount of underpaid tax for earlier years included in your tax code for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding)'. To my best knowledge I paid the right amount of tax for last FY so I selected £0.00. As soon as I saved this I have been prompted with a message in red reading 'our records state this is not correct, please verify the amount of underpaid tax'. I have searched for my Form P2 / PAYE Notice for Coding in my HMRC online account and I can confirm I haven't received one for the FY '20-'21. I called HMRC and asked them to issue this document to me, they said the FY is closed so they can't issue it anymore. How am I supposed to demonstrate that the tax I paid last year is correct without the P2 form? Many thanks for your help, Alina
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 13:53:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The online system usually prepopulates with the figure from our records.

If this brings up £0.00, you should say yes to is this figure is correct.

While we can't re issued a code for 20/21, we can confirm the figure from our records.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.