Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 16 Oct 2022 23:27:12 GMT by Suzanne
Hello I returned to the UK during the 2021/22 tax year after several years abroad so will be claiming split year treatment on my self assessment. I left a UK savings account open while I was living abroad. For 2021/22 self assessment, do I declare only the amount of UK savings interest received during the UK part of the year, or do I have to enter the amount for the whole year since it is UK-source (despite it also being reported and taxed in my former country of residence)?
Posted Thu, 20 Oct 2022 14:46:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Suzanne,

The whole year would be entered as it is a UK source of income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.