Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:22:24 GMT by Phaik Kwai Yap
Hi, I do not recide in the UK. I do not own businesses in UK and have not worked in the UK. For some reason, I have two HRMC Tax ID. I invested in UK property in 2017 and I have submitted Self Assessment form under tax ID - A At the same time, I have been receiving reminders and pernalty notice under tax ID - B and the pernalties are piling up. I am really stuck with this Tax ID - B. Is there anyone or email address I can write for clarification and solution.
Posted Fri, 03 Feb 2023 09:55:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Phaik Kwai Yap,

You should only have one ID to file Self Assessment tax returns.

You will need to contact our Self Assessment team so that this can be reviewed:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.