Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Dec 2021 15:20:41 GMT by TopTaurus
My husband and I have had an investment bond for over 10 years (equal share). All ‘profits’ are automatically reinvested each year. 1. Do we have to show this on our self assessment form? 2. Where should this be shown? 3. What figures should we use? We get an annual statement in August showing how much the investment has made and, unlike interest on a building society account, have no idea about the tax/interest issues.
Posted Fri, 17 Dec 2021 15:53:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 30

If you a have received as chargeable event certificate for this then you will need to report this income on the tax return. Not all bonds are liable to tax so you would first need to check with your policy holder. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.