Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 13:55:18 GMT by Askaquestion
I have ceased trading and am trying to calculate if overlap relief is due. However I registered as self-employed over 20 years ago and can’t remember exactly when my business started. Can HMRC tell me what date I registered as self employed and when my first tax return was submitted?
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 15:21:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Our self assessment telephone lines are closed until 4 September.  You will need to contact our self assessment webchat helpline, where my colleagues will be able to confirm if theres is overlap relief.  You can contact our webchat team at Self Assessment: general enquiries.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.