Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:32:28 GMT by Febin Benjamin
I'm trying to verify my identity for generating a UTR. Even though I've entered all the right information it says records dont match and I don't see any help or support mentioned to get this resolved. Can someone help what I can do here please?
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 07:13:02 GMT by Poppy.plays
I having the same problem, I also lip read so unable to to call anyone. Please help thanks

[Display name amended - Admin] 
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 16:00:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If you are unable to verify in order to register, you can complete the paper SA1 form, or paper CWF1 if you are self employed.

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:34:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Poppy.plays, 

If you are unable to verify you will not be able to access the online account.

You can also use the Relay UK service in order to contact our helpline:

Please see this link for the help and support, scroll down the page to the 'Phone section' for the relay service. 

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 27 Aug 2022 21:50:26 GMT by Hyper Y MP
Hi, I want to apply for Marriage Allowance to transfer my personal allowance to my spouse, however, the system could not verify my identity. The reason is that there are 3 options to choose from, (1) a UK passport (2) a driving License, and (3) Credit Loans, I don't have a UK passport and driving license, the only option to choose is (3), but I am required to select at least 2 for identity verification, what should I do? Due to identity verification, I can't register for online services on HMRC, only I have Government Gateway ID , but when it comes to identity verification, I can't continue the registration, therefore, ID verification is BIG trouble to me, can you advise?
Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:39:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Hyper Y MP

If you are unable to apply for Marriage Allowance online due to being unable to verify, you will need to contact us by telephone or in writing.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 18:04:14 GMT by LYNN Plant
I cannot verify my identity despite giving the correct information for all options: passport, P60, driving licence and credit reference ….. no hint as to which answer is unacceptable. I am trying to check whether or not I received NI credits when I was a stay at home mum, claiming family allowance in the 1980s. What can I do … is there a phone number I could use please?
Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 16:53:49 GMT by LYNN Plant
I don’t think that I am the correct recipient of your reply …… however, I would appreciate a response to my own post Thank you
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 10:19:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi LYNN Plant,

If you are unable to verify online, you can contact our National Insurance helpline who will be able to advise on your National Insurance history.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.