Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:57:08 GMT by
Have been trying to get through for days now, just get the same message for 45 minutes. Calling from abroad and it is costing a fortune, never get through, when I do it is asking for a uk postcode otherwise you get stuck with her continously asking for a new postcode. I am calling from abroad on the line for international phone calls trying to sort out Ni contributions. I just have a simple question I want answered as to whether my form has been approved for NI class 2 contributions because it hasn't been updated since December 11th.
Posted Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:27:41 GMT by
I am trying to get through this morning, waiting for 47 minutes. I was advised online chat team to call as they were unable to help. No means get issue sorted if phone helpline is not working or not staffed. Can some please advice on way forward?
Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:39:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Lalit shah,

Our helplines are busy at the moment, however you will need to keep trying to get through.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 13 Mar 2023 10:55:14 GMT by
The service is utterly ludicrous and unacceptable. I have been trying to simultaneously work and call HMRC to reclaim money that I am owed. Like others here, I have been on hold for approximately 4 hours over the past 3 days. Today I got through twice. Within 10 minutes of talking to an operator, the call is disconnected. What's most infuriating is how quickly HMRC request money or apply interest to delayed payments. However, now that I'm trying to get MY money back, if feels as though they are incredibly reluctant to help.
Posted Wed, 15 Mar 2023 12:55:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

We are sorry if you are having issues getting through. All our contact mehods are listed here:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 Mar 2023 17:22:35 GMT by
Has anyone found how to reach HMRC? I keep getting caught in the automated service, then when I finally achieve a breakthrough and she agrees to transfer me to an agent, it cuts off with "thanks for your call - goodbye". I am in tears, I'm losing so much time into this.
Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 08:30:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

We are unable to access your record from this forum, if you have submitted an online form you will receive a reply once we are working that date of forms.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:43:39 GMT by
I have been trying to get through on 0300 200 3300 for more than a week now without success, waiting for several hours. Today I just keep getting cut off after answering the initial security questions. My tax code is incorrect and has been for several months and as result I am paying too much tax, yet I cannot talk to anyone about this. Is there any other way to contact HMRC, an email address perhaps, so I can at least make contact and explain the issue I have?
Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:00:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

All of the contact methods are listed here:

Thank you.

Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 17:04:56 GMT by
I have been calling 03002003300 for 2days now and can't get through to sort my tax code out so my pay is correct. The automated service asks lots of questions which it understands until you try your national insurance number, then it can't hear you?? Then says please hold for the next available assistant, but then tells you very busy may be waiting a while, then thanks you for calling and hangs up!!! This is ridiculous and I am furious that anyone should have to go through this,
Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 17:34:20 GMT by
I am trying to pay voluntary class 3 contributions. I have spoken with the Future Pensions Service who have confirmed what I should pay and for which years. I simply need an 18 digit reference number from you. I have tried to phone the suggested number (0300 200 3500) but have got nowhere. I understand you are busy but it is so frustrating to give all the security details to an automated system only to be cut off every time. There must be a better way to deal with this for both you and the people who wish to pay. I am reluctant to send by post as I could not guarantee how long a cheque would be sitting there, not dealt with. Someone, somewhere has to take responsibility for this antiquated system. I hope a moderator will pick up on this call for help and get back to me. You have my email! Thank you.
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 08:42:09 GMT by
Sadly, it would appear my experience is not unique. Apparently, I am to receive a significant reduction in tax, I made the mistake of thinking I would check. 6 calls, 6 robotic hang ups and nothing, not a millimetre forward. Can someone please take responsibility for such an atrocious system, I don’t think it unreasonable for a governmental body to answer an enquiry.
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:54:21 GMT by
Is there anybody there?????????? Seriously though, its incredibly frustrating that I've been waiting for tax rebate since 9th January and checking online its still pending. Currently in the really irritating hold queue and have been for over 20 minutes. Apparently my call is important to you but I expect if I owed you money, I wouldn't have to wait as long. Can I charge you interest for delay??
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:27:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi NeilBUK,

You will need to contact us again please, as we are unable to access specific records from this forum.

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:31:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Amrith Mathew,

There are no income tax implications on the receipt of a cash gift unless the cash gift generates interest or dividends.

These would then potentially be subject to tax.

Further guidance can be found here:

Tax on savings interest

Tax on dividends

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:24:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jo Birch,

I am sorry that you are having trouble contacting HMRC, we are current;y dealing with an unprecedented amount of calls.
Unfortunately, other than making a payment by cheque, for every other method of payment we require you obtain and use the 18 digit reference number.  
While I know this is frustrating this ensures that the payment reaches the correct account, and pays towards the correct years.
 The deadline for paying voluntary contributions has been extended, and therefore you can still pay for the same years, at the same rates up until 31st July

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 14:36:03 GMT by
I’ve been on hold all day trying to get through the tax office at 0300 200 3300. When I say all morning I meant 10 calls and hours of being put on hold then getting a robotic goodbye and hang up. All I needed is to check my details as there is a mismatch to verify my details online despite never changing my name or address. Honestly this would not have been acceptable in any other government services so I don’t know why it is here as my experience is obviously not unique. I don’t know why I am posting here, I guess I am frustrated and see no way out.
Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2023 10:27:54 GMT by
I have been on hold for 23 minutes. Gave up. I have been scrolling through the online options , of which there are numerous but when I click onto the particular one i need it doesn't help in the slightest way. In the one section i found would be useful it states i can contact them by letter at the address in the letter i recieved. There is no address with the letter!!!!!
Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2023 17:00:12 GMT by
I’ve been trying now for days to get through to 0300 200 3310. Am I wasting my time or can you actually get through?
Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 08:53:07 GMT by
Hi I have been trying to contact HMRC via phone and after giving my details it will just cut me off. My tax code is incorrect and I am unable to speak to an advisor. Please what do I do? Have I been blacklisted??

You must be signed in to post in this forum.