Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:14:51 GMT by
Impossible to get through on phone line. After entering personal details either: 1. "Thank you for you call. Goodbye" 2. Cut-off What sort of service is this?
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:17:13 GMT by Ben Lee
I have been calling all possible numbers 0300 200 3310, 0300 200 3822 and 0300 200 3835 - I am unable to setup payment plan online, the call goes "thank you for your call, goodbye". I hope I won't incur penelaties because of the inability to get a response from HMRC. Posted this as proof of contact.
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:43:33 GMT by
I have been trying to call for a week and spent most of Friday and pretty much all of today calling . Either get cut off after an hour or told try later , all advisors are busy . I have a simple change to make and when I try on line I get consistently directed to a web chat that can't help or a link that doesn't exist . I despair
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:56:55 GMT by
I've been trying to contact HMRC for a week now to no avail. I immigrated to Canada almost 2yrs ago and still being threatened with penalties if I don't do my self assessment. All that I wish to do is inform HMRC that I live abroad and haven't been self employed in 2yrs. Can't login as have no access to that number anymore and when I follow the links to change access code method I get pushed to the 'call HMRC' page. Out of options now...
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:02:36 GMT by
I'm at my wits end. I've been trying to get through to HMRC for many weeks now on various telephone numbers and have even written twice but have still not received a response. There is an error with my direct debit payment (I'm paying too much) and I'm reluctant to cancel the direct debit in case I get a fine. It's such a simple query but I can't afford to pay an accountant to sort it out for me.
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:11:39 GMT by
Second day trying to get through. Advises information provided online is not correct - but definitely is! Posted as proof of contact.
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:28:18 GMT by
I've been trying all day .... go through all the 'who are you' questions ... tells you to go onto the website or hold to speak to someone .... and then get "Thank you for you call. Goodbye". Gets cut-off. Now on my 25th attempt!
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:32:41 GMT by
Trying to get through all day after I couldn’t set up a payment plan online . After putting in details for about 30x only to be told they’ll transfer to an adviser only to be told Thankyou for your call - goodbye . Says they’re here to help but don’t really think that’s the case. Hope a penalty isn’t incurred through them not to answer their phones . Posted as proof
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:32:54 GMT by
Last time I posted here the reply was to phone. Been trying repeatedly for weeks now and have just tried again. Automated message said to ring back after 1st Feb when they expect to be less busy. Will try the webinar tomorrow but frankly expect to be told to ring to discuss individual cases. Will submit tax return but I'm not paying the unexplained charge until I know what it is and will add a note to that effect. I'm not prepared to rack up any more cost in phone calls no one answers. I have to say it's really disgraceful.
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:26:48 GMT by
Have been tryimg to phone all day 30/1/2023 can not get on my on line account it wants a app code which i dont have
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:12:02 GMT by
I have been trying to get through all day as my direct debit hadn't been taken for my payment plan and the deadline is tomorrow. I get cut off at 1hr and 13 mins. Should I pay the amount online or wait to speak to someone?? Help!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:37:30 GMT by P J
I've been trying since morning .... I go through all the 'who are you' questions ... it then tells me to go onto the website or hold to speak to someone .... and then get "Thank you for you call. Goodbye". Gets cut-off. frustrating. I sincerely hope I don't have to pay penalty since I can not go through to setup a payment plan.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:28:39 GMT by
Absolutely awful service. I'm trying to get a payment plan setup. Keep getting cut off as its saying check online... "thanks for your call - goodbye" how is this service supposed to help people? It only adds more stress!!!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 11:48:49 GMT by
Good afternoon, I am trying to call HMRC to arrange a payment plan for self assessment return taxes as today is last day and in addition I am not able to pay the full amount. Could you advice how shall I contact HMRC? On al the phones that I tried to call I’ve been disconnected. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:11:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Reminders for amounts due will still be sent if you have a payment plan in place.
Our helpline is busy at the moment and you may need to wait longer at this time.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:51:59 GMT by
I've been trying for days! I go through all the questions to confirm identity ... tells you to go onto the website or hold to speak to someone .... and then get "Thank you for you call. Goodbye" absolutely ridiculous as I am trying to set up a payment plan, today is the deadline, I am not able set one up online as when I try it says 'you are not eligible for online payment' no idea why? so now I am stuck. can HMRC please explain?
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:03:10 GMT by
I've been trying to get through all day on Friday, all day Monday and all day today. As above I only get just over an hour and then it cuts off I had a plan in place but couldn't afford it due to various reasons and subsequently missed a payment. I've tried to reset it up online but have to call, but can't get through, really worried about getting a penalty. Also posting as proof, will keep trying
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:10:23 GMT by
I tried today's webinar but the only advice was to look on HMRC website for ways to contact them - ignored the fact I told them I hadn't been able to get through on the phone for weeks now. So it was absolutely useless for my purposes. Just going round in circles. Have given up as my time is better spent on working to pay my tax bill!
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:26:06 GMT by
It's been a week that I have been trying to contact HMRC for my payment plan with no success. I'm experiencing long queues : after 1h15min I get discontinued and I'm calling from 8am to the end of their shift at 18:00. It's extremely frustrating when I am looking just a confirmation of my payment plan. I set it up online but the website hasn't updated it and shows that I owe tax and penalties will be applied tonight. Can someone please help me? I am posting this as a proof.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:38:52 GMT by
I can’t get through to speak to anyone about setting up a payment plan. I’ve been trying for weeks and keep getting cut off. I will not be paying any fine you charge for late payment.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.