Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:04:31 GMT by Amanda Jones
I need to discuss a Self Assessment payment I have made but they say it has not been received. I have proof of online banking transaction. How am I supposed to tell them if I cannot get through on help telephone line. I cannot find a contact email address for them or a postal address. It is ludicrous! This is the 3rd day I have called. Waited 1 hr 20 mins first time to be cut off at 6pm as they closed. Then yesterday they cut me off, after loads of recorded messages, as no one free to take a call! Today on hold half an hour already. Is there any other way of contacting them?? Help please.
Posted Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:32:49 GMT by Wolfman1 Woulfe
I tried on Tuesday at about 2pm. What with all the preliminaries I got through in 25 minutes. Though it said it was 'very busy', perhaps that's not a bad time of day to try. The 'sorry to keep you waiting' voice repetition isn't nice to hear, but all I can say is persist. If you can do other work while waiting (despite the distracting voice), that also helps. At least the call is free. Good luck
Posted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:08:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Amanda Jones 
The only methods currently to contact regarding this would be with our SA helpline or by writing.
We would require full details of when the payment was made, reference used when making the payment, where the payment was made from and where the payment was made to.
Our helpline is very busy at the moment:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:39:05 GMT by Rainy
I have been trying to get through for about 3 weeks to no avail! Tried various times of the day & most of the time just get cut off after being in a queue for approx 45 mins. It's very frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any other way of contacting them. Does anyone know if I have been paying emergency tax through agency work if it will sort itself out automatically & I will be able to get a refund. No one has ever asked for my p45?
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 11:14:26 GMT by tracey7788
I have been on hold today for over 2 hours. Why cant we leave a number and then they get back to us or at least an email address.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.