Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:59:27 GMT by J S
I work for a US company in the UK and was awarded RSUs some of which have vested. These were processed via payroll and half were sold to cover taxes etc. Where in my self assessment do I need to declare these? As it stands on my P60 it has all been rolled into one total income. I've been reading one some posts about foreign income but it's not super clear. Any advice?
Posted Tue, 04 Oct 2022 14:30:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If the proceeds from the vested RSUs were paid, and taxed under PAYE, with your salary, you should simply enter the relevant P60 figure in the emplyoment pages of your tax return.

You would only have to make an entry in the foreign pages if US tax was deducted from the vested RSU payments, and you wished to claim Forein Tax Credit Relief.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.