Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Jul 2022 10:48:08 GMT by Mary2020 AA
Dear staff I moved from home in April 2022. I got a letter saying I had not sent my self-assessment for the past year. I was sure I had sent it. (For your information, 2 years ago I was fined about 2000 pounds for "not paying" self assessment in 2018, which was a mistake and HR rectified and paid the fine back). I checked my files, printed what I sent in 2021 and I realised I had filled the wrong form (2020 instead 2021). I explained that and I informed "MY NEW ADDRESS IS THIS", I copied everything in a 2021 form and I sent it with my declaration of 2022. However, I have received 2 letters to my old address and yet, a penalty fine of 100 pounds for sending later my self-assessment of 2021. I am really annoyed because HR can make mistakes like sending my letters to my old address and it is all fine. However I made a mistake with a form and I get fined 100 pounds! I should say, if my old neighbour had not told me, I would be fined more and more for not paying the 100 pounds on time, when I have not received the letters to my new address. What can I do for HMRC gets the message that I have moved from home?
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:37:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can advise of a change of address online :

Tell HMRC about a change to your personal details

or by contacting our Income Tax department :

Income Tax: general enquiries     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.