Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2022 19:09:20 GMT by Matt
Hello, I moved abroad in 2019 and maintained directorship of a limited company until it was dissolved in 2021. I haven't lived in the UK since 2019 and spent less than 30 days in the UK in 2019, since then I haven't returned to the UK due to covid. Now my company has been dissolved, I haven't returned a self assessment and I'm not sure if I need to. Do I also need to submit some kind of moving abroad form? I don't have residency in another country yet nor do I qualify as tax resident where I've been living. However I have filed local taxes and pay taxes on locally sourced income. Thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 14:32:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please refer to guidance at:
Self Assessment tax returns
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 15:54:24 GMT by Matt
Thanks, according to the quiz I do not need to. However I get alerts from HMRC that I haven't filed. Is that something I need to worry about?
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 15:25:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to contact us to have your record closed and review the position regarding any outstanding returns that have already been issued.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.