Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 08:58:21 GMT by ken shum
I arrived in UK in January 2022. From 6 April 2022 to 28 Sep 2022, I have overseas income from HK - share dividend below HKD3,000 and savings interest HK0.5. I would like to know whether I need to register self-assessment of return? Thank you very much.
Posted Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:02:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:07:46 GMT by ken shum
Sorry, is it necessary to apply for a split-year treatment in my case? Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.