Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Nov 2021 18:33:20 GMT by zuhalv
Hi, I have RSU from my employer which is vested in April,2021. I haven't sold any of the stock units. Also, RSU isn't shown in my P60 document. Should I declare this in self assessment?
Posted Mon, 08 Nov 2021 13:57:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

RSU's are generally subject to income tax.

This may not be included in your P60 if this was paid or vested after the end of the tax year.

You might also want to check your paperwork to see if the vestation attracted income tax and
likewise if you when you come to sell the RSU's, if they are subject to capital gains tax.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 08 Nov 2021 14:21:06 GMT by zuhalv
Thanks for the answer, should I add this RCU information to 'Foreign Section' or in any other section in the self assessment ?
Posted Mon, 08 Nov 2021 15:06:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If tax has been paid on this then you can use the foreign section to claim Foreign Tax credit relief so you are not taxed twice on the same income.

The initial amount would be entered on the employment page if this is subject to income tax or the capital gains page if this is subject to capital gains tax. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.