Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 22 Oct 2022 22:45:24 GMT by Cloud Cloud
Hi, I am an insurance agent on commission basis. I am receiving limited amount of commission from an oversea insurance company for clients' insurance policy auto-renewal only - the commission is deposited in my oversea bank account monthly. How can I report these oversea foreign income in self assessment? I am not allowed to sell any new policy to my client while I am in UK, per the insurance company law. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 26 Oct 2022 13:48:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are self-employed, then the commisions would be added to your turnover.

If you have paid tax on this in another country, you can claim tax relief on SA106 foreign pages.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.