Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:42:15 GMT by Nandi-Mihail Artene
I cannot see my self employed status anymore. I'm still CIS registered and my employers pay taxes. This is a problem as I could not get any taxes back for the past 3 years. I keep calling HMRC but to no avail. Last time I was told to wait for a new UTR that never showed up. Who should I contact? Thank you!
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:48:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you have not received the new UTR please contact our Self Assessment team again#.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:57:18 GMT by Nandi-Mihail Artene
Thank you for your reply! Any idea if I can get any taxes back? I'm owed about 6-7k.
Posted Thu, 08 Dec 2022 15:03:09 GMT by
Hi Nandi-Mihail Artene,

If you are still self employed and part of the CIS scheme, please contact the Self Assessment helpline, to ensure your records are stil live.

If you have overpaid CIS deductions, then you will need to submit a Self Assessment tax return and and record the CIS deductions.

You will also confirm  with your gross turnover  and  expenses on the self employment section (SA103S) along with the main tax return SA100.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.