Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Oct 2022 12:24:16 GMT by Hiphouse
I completed my SA form online last year and the written statement (for which I have a pdf copy) states no outstanding tax was due payable. Yet when I went online it said I owed £10. I queried this by phone with HMRC and the person I spoke with said to ignore the online statement and they would fix it. Sadly, I have no record of their name or the number I called, though I have the date and time of the call as it was straight after the form was submitted. Today, I go online to complete this financial years SA form and see that £10 is overdue and I have been fined £217, all to be paid by January 2023. I can find nothing online that allows me to flag a complaint. Any suggestions? TIA
Posted Fri, 28 Oct 2022 15:12:57 GMT by
Hi Hiphouse, 

You should contact our helpline again to request an explanation of where the amount came from.

If you are unhappy with the response you can make a complaint here:

Complain about HMRC

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.