Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:26:59 GMT by Constanze Picking
Hi, Where do I find lines B37, B1519, B4924 for replies to t/p enquiries? thanks 
Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:09:00 GMT by Nigel Wardell
I am a British Citizen living and fiscally resident in Italy for over 30 years. Recently, I have activated a pension from working in the UK in the seventies for a company that had 'opted out' of the state pension scheme. I chose to take a lump sum plus a reduced monthly pension - both of which it appears are taxable in Italy. In communication with my pension provider, I was informed that the lump sum had already been taxed at source, but they were reluctant to inform me of the details and told me to refer to the HMRC. I would like to know how I can find out the details as I understand that I can offset any tax deducted against my tax liability in Italy. Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give me.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:47:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Nigel Wardell,

The UK / Italy double taxation agreement advises that the lump sum and pension are taxable only in Italy.  Your UK pension provider deducts
tax on the lump sum and pension, as part of their pension guidance.
You therefor, need to claim the tax back from HMRC.  To do this, you will need to download and print off, the double taxation treaty form
(Double Taxation: Treaty Relief (Form DT-Individual)).  
Please complete all the relevant sections and send the signed and dated form to your local Italian tax office.  
The Italian tax authorities will validate the completed form, by signing and date stamping the form.  
They will return it to you, for you to send it to 
HM Revenue and Customs
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
United Kingdom.  
HMRC can then instruct the pension company to refund any tax deducted in the current tax year and HMRC will repay any tax overpaid in a previous tax year.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 18:57:20 GMT by Constanze Picking
Hi, Where do I find lines B37, B1519, B4924 for replies to t/p enquiries? thanks much
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:19:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Constanze Picking,

Our previous reply should have referred you to our earlier responses. We apologise for any confusion caused.

You will need to contact our Income Tax team to progress chase your query:

Income Tax: general enquiries 

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:24:33 GMT by Constanze Picking
Hi, General enquiries informed me that they send the reimbursement to an old address in June (!). They also informed me that they will re-issue the payment at the correct address. It is end of November and I am getting worried about all this time it takes and the money loosing value day by day. Coudl you please look into it and let me know when I will get the funds? Case number CNR_Claims_SEF (KMM76998418V24186L0KM) thanks 

Name removed admin . 
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:20:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

We are unable to review personal matters in this forum.  For an answer to a personal question of this nature, you would need to contact our self assesment helpline on

Self Assessment: general enquiries or contact our webchat facility at:

Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.