Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:16:39 GMT by nicola Sheath
I am a self-employed personal assistant carer, and complete a self-assessment for these hours. However I also provide 3-4 nights respite a month at my home for a client. This is funded by the local council, and comes from this clients respite bidget. Is this money classed under qualifying care relief? I am not a registered shared lives carer.
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 13:12:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi nicola Sheath, 

Please refer to guidance at:

HS236 Qualifying care relief: foster carers, adult placement carers, kinship carers and staying put carers (2022)

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.