Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 10:46:46 GMT by Wheeliam
Hi i am due to start on a UK contract (PAYE) with an Austrian employer in April 2023, when they have UK entity established. In the meantime i will work as consultant for them and be paid in GBP into my UK account. I'll register as Sole Trader, invoice them monthly and declare via self-assessment. Question is how to handle expenses? If I pay hotels / flights etc and they re-imburse me in full, do i exclude entering that as either income or expense on the self-assessment, since they cancel each other out?
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 09:27:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

When completing your tax return as a sole trader, please include the reimbursed expenses as part of your total business income, and claim the expenses under allowable business xpenses. You can find guidance here:

Use these notes to help you fill in the Self-employment (short) pages of your tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.