Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:30:34 GMT by BOBU L
Hi, I noted that if below 1000 GBP profit for the tax year, then there is no need to register as sole trader(And I presume no need to contribute for NI too in that case ). I would like to register myself as sole trader for current tax year so that I can get the UTR number, I would like to ask if at the end I do not have 1000GBP in the whole tax year, do I still need to pay the NI ? Thanks
Posted Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:11:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You only need to pay class 2 and class 4 National Insurance if you are above the rates shown here:
Self-employed National Insurance rates

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.