Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 09:51:49 GMT by nas1980
I sent a couple of paper self assessment forms in for historic years (2018 and 2019) as I had realised id made a mistake on the online submissions as you cannot amend them online. They were sent in January and it says in the "check progress" section that they show that they have them and they will be processed by February. Well now its July, every month I call and they say "it'll be done by the 30th of this month" and that deadline passes and then I call again the next month and the response is always "end of this month". I have entered a complaint online but I don't think that will be effective based on my experience. I am tired of waiting an hour to get through only to be told I have to wait as there is no way to escalate this issue over the phone. Has anyone else have this problem? Surely this cannot be normal? Any suggestions besides sit and wait to get this sorted? Thanks
Posted Sun, 03 Jul 2022 09:27:38 GMT by Simpleguy
Trust me they tell me same. Tax return in january , surf2 est compl 1april called 6th april was told they pay me till 16th april. After that 3 advisors promised me 6 june 100%. After that quiet. Even last webchat i was told manager will be in touch in 2 days its been more than a week no one bother to call me. I have all chat saved and i add thiis to my last complain which is est compl 7july empty promises. No people take reaponsibilities for words either on the phone or webchat. Poor clarity of your own applications no right informations misleading every phone call. Crime!
Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 10:01:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 24
Hi,

Paper returns received are processed in date order.

If you have submitted a complaint then our complaints department will review this and contact you in due course.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.