Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 07 Jan 2022 14:36:58 GMT by tigerspill
Hi, If I complete two CGT worksheets, one for disposal of a residential property and another for disposal of shared as follows - 1. Residential property sold at a capital loss on £2000 (Box 7 "Losses in the year" on CGT form) 2. Disposal of shared with a gain of £200 (Box 26 "Gains in the year, before losses" on CGT form) Obviously I don't need to pay any CGT, but I want to carry forward the loss, but do I carry forward the whole loss of £2000, or do I combine the loss and gain into a loss to carry forward of £1800. Do I need to then complete Box 47 "Losses available to be carried forward" with the loss (either £2000 or £1800 depending on above)? Are there any other figures, or boxes to fill in, I need to add to the form? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:13:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please see guidance here on how to work out the amount of loss to carry forward when a gain is below the capital gains exemption amount:

Capital Gains Manual   .

The final loss figure would then be entered in box 4. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.