Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Oct 2021 20:51:22 GMT by darsh
Hi, I requested to repay the SEISS grant I received but the bank details I was given show the payee as HMRC Child Benefit and NOT HMRC SEISS receipts The bank is barclays and the sort code is 20-26-48 and the bank account is 23823792. I have tried to call a few times and no one could tell me if this is correct. I just want to be sure this is the current bank details as my bank is showing a message to make sure it is not a scam.
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:57:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Please see the attached link which provides the correct bank details for HMRC SEISS payments and the additional information required:

Tell HMRC and pay back a Self-Employment Income Support Scheme grant

Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:04:38 GMT by cwall080
I used the above link to request to pay back the SEISS grant and got exactly the same bank details which came up as Child benefit, how can this be right? I don't want to pay the money into the wring bank account.
Posted Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:54:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 29
Hi  cwall080,

We are aware that some banks may show this as a Child Benefit account but it is the correct account for SEISS payments.

The following link confirms the correct bank details for HMRC SEISS payments and the additional information required:

Tell HMRC and pay back a Self-Employment Income Support Scheme grant

Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:35:34 GMT by Diane64
Hello should you receive any sort of receipt once you have paid the grants back.
Posted Thu, 07 Apr 2022 15:57:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Diane64

A receipt is not automatically issued.

You can either call HMRC on the Self-Assement helpline 03002003310 , 7 working days after making your voluntary payment and they will be able to confirm your payment has been received or you can view your online account which will show your SEISS grant has been repaid.

Thank you.

Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.