Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:26:41 GMT by Eric WC
Hi everyone, I received a letter from HMRC , it stated that HMRC receive my form CWF1 , “ becoming self-employed and registering for National insurance contributions and / or tax”. My question is , I am not a self employed person, I have done 3 part times since arrived in UK last July , Also, I didn’t sent this form to HMRC. Why will it happen and what should I do now? I have web chat with the agent yesterday and he told me to ignore this letter and no need to do anything but I am still worrying about it and afraid of penalty. Regards,
Posted Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:54:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you did not register for Self Employment, you should contact our Self Assessment department to review your record.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 03 Apr 2022 21:43:55 GMT by Eric WC
Hi, I have contacted the HMRC hotline last week and the customer service advisor told me to ignore this letter and she has not find record for my self employed. I am puzzled and still worrying about it even they told me to ignore it.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.