Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 May 2022 13:56:51 GMT by wright_s
I am a retired teacher and write educational resources for a small additional income and to supplement my National Insurance payments. In past years tax paid on pension income always showed when I did my calculations for self-assessment but not this year for some reason? Anyone know why? Is it just easier to delete the return and start again?
Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 10:47:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi wright_s,

If the online system has not pre-populated the figures, it would not do so even if you delete the return and start again.
You will need to go to the tailor your return section and answer yes to the question which asks about UK pension income, and complete the section for pension income this opens.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 13:49:18 GMT by wright_s
Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone back through my return and checked that I have already answered 'yes' to the UK Pension income question AND completed the income from my P60's- adding the combined gross figure. When I look at the calculation, the online system has NOT DEDUCTED the amount of tax already paid on my pensions and is giving me a false figure to pay. What do I do about this?
Posted Thu, 05 May 2022 15:33:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi wright_s

There is also a box on that page for you to declare the tax already deducted.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.