Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:29:05 GMT by Nadia8177
Hello, I am a dual citizen of UK and US. I've been back living in the UK since 2016. However, in Jan 2021 I had to return to te US due to family illness. I was there the whole tax year and did not return to the UK until May 2022. While I was there I freelanced for a UK company. I completed my US tax returns and was required to pay tax there as the money was earned while there I was resident over a year. My question is when completing my self assessment which additional forms do I need to complete to not get taxed again on that income? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:50:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

Tax on foreign income 

as this will show you if and how its reported   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.