Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:35:36 GMT by Wilco Yeung
As a non-UK Resident landlord, without NINO or Postal code, can I access to the online service to appeal? I just received the mail from HMRC today about the late filing, but the system, inside my account, already showing only 4 day left. There is not enough time to appeal thru mail, which might takes weeks for the mail to be delivered.
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:33:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

To access HMRC online services, you need a Government Gateway account - but to create a Government Gateway account you require a UK post code.

So posting your appeal appears to be your only option.

You have 30 days from the date your penalty was issued to appeal.

If you miss this deadline you have explain the reason for the delay (eg problems with the postal system) so that HMRC can decide if they will consider your appeal.      

See link:

Disagree with a tax decision   .        

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.