Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 18:20:10 GMT by Robdm
Hi there, I received a foreign dividend over £2,000. The dividend has not been tax yet in the foreign country and I am not claiming any credit due to double taxation agreements. In my self-assessment should I report it in the foreign income section or both in the foreign income section and the dividend section (the latter up to £2,000)? Thank you
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:23:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

As it is over £2000, yes it needs to be on the foreign section of the return.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:43:10 GMT by Robdm
Thank you - for the avoidance of doubt: should I only book it on the foreign section?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:59:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

You must be signed in to post in this forum.