Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 19:33:39 GMT by Javaman
Hi . . I received dividends last year from Centamin, who are a Jersey company who also pay their dividends in US dollars. As my total dividend income (from UK and foreign companies) was over £2000, I needed to complete a foreign section - SA106 There appears to be only one option for foreign dividends and that is for "taxed foreign dividends". If I enter the gross amount and then the tax as "zero", the online form baulks at it and says that tax must be greater than "zero". There must be somewhere else for me to declare this "untaxed foreign dividend" but I simply can't see where. Perhaps I should just convert USD to Sterling and add it to all my other UK dividends?? Ideas anyone - gratefully accepted
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 10:13:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Javaman,

You should leave the tax deducted box blank.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 10:26:35 GMT by Javaman
Many thanks - worked for me!!!!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.