Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:20:25 GMT by Tim M
I have a 401(k) plan in the US from when I worked there until 2012. I moved to the UK in 2013 until 2017. During the UK time, I made NO contributions to the US plan, and took NO withdrawals from it. I moved to Germany in July 2017, and am now a permanent resident here, with no financial interests or income in the UK. I made a withdrawal at the end of 2022, which was fully taxed in the US. Is there anything for me to report in the UK?
Posted Tue, 28 Feb 2023 15:02:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As you are resident in Germany and not a UK tax resdient there is nothing
for you to report to the UK  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.