Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Nov 2022 08:40:02 GMT by Taylor C
Hello, My sister and I purchased a house several years ago - lived in it and have now been renting it out. This is the first time we have had to complete the tax returns form. Do we both individually complete a self assessment form or do we have to complete the SA800 partnership form? Please can someone advise - we do not have a company, we co own the property and split the income. Cheers S
Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:53:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you simply rented out the property, to generate income from the property, then you would only complete SA100 and SA105, to declare your share of the rental income and expenses.  If, however, the rental of the property was run as a business by both of you as a business partnership, then form SA800 is appropriate for the business partnership, along with form SA100 and SA104 to declare each persons share of the partnership profit. 

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.