Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 09 Apr 2022 08:40:19 GMT by Venkata Padala
I have to complete a self assessment form, I work for the NHS and pay into the NHS pension scheme. My contributions are 12.5%. This amount is taken from my pay before tax. How and where do I add this tax relief amount into the self assessment form?
Posted Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:42:01 GMT by yorkiechick
If your employer deducts your contributions from your pay before they calculate the tax due from your pay this means that you receive tax relief at the highest rate of tax that you pay. This is called a net pay arrangement. You can find out if you’re in one of these schemes by looking at the scheme booklet or asking the scheme administrator. Paying into your pension this way, doesn't need to be entered onto your tax return.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.