Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Oct 2022 12:59:39 GMT by cookie75
Basic rate taxpayer - can you claim witholding tax on foreign dividends, and if so, at what % - 15 or 7& half?
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 12:26:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes, you can claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief  re: the tax deducted from your Foreign Dividends, unless the dividends are from Antigua, Australia
(franked dividends only), Belize, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Gambia, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kiribati, Malaysia, Malta, Monserrat and Singapore.

Please check the Dividend Article of the relevant DTA before completing this section, as there may be arestriction to the amount of
foreign tax credit you can claim.          

See link:

Foreign notes    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.