Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:25:34 GMT by Edward Little
I'm completing my online self assessment form and am trying to claim higher tax relief on the contributions to my company pension scheme that were taken from my net pay. Box 1 on the paper copy of the self assessment is available to input data to claim the tax relief, I cannot however find the same facility on the online form.Is the box available on the online form or will I have to write to HMRC to claim the tax relief ?
Posted Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:18:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You need to ensure that you have said yes to the question on tailor your return page 3 which asks about pension contributions.

This will open the section later on where you enter them.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.