Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Nov 2021 18:18:27 GMT by VUnwin
I keep getting the following message when I try to change the answer to No on question "Was your turnover more than £1,000 in total from all self-employments?" "Tailor error, Warning, You cannot remove a section from within '3. Tailor your return'. Please use the 'Delete' link from within the section you wish to remove. The 'Delete' link can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the page. Go to Check your progress to access the relevant section." There is no "Delete" link in the bottom right hand corner of the page...
Posted Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:08:37 GMT by 7715
Ten months after your post I have the same problem, I wonder if anyone from GOV.UK is attempting to rectify this error?
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:21:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Can you provide details of the error that you are encountering?

Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 17 Sep 2022 17:54:41 GMT by greenmonkee
I am having exactly the same problem. I Tweeted to HMRC who asked for a screenshot of the error message which I sent, That was about a week ago and I still keep seeing the same error message.
Posted Sat, 29 Oct 2022 13:13:57 GMT by johnwillerton
I too have the same problem, there is no delete button and am unable to proceed, very annoying
Posted Sun, 30 Oct 2022 12:23:45 GMT by gjtaylor001
I am having the same error when trying to change from yes to no the 'have you recieved Pension, annuties' etc. I have even deleted the whole tax return started again but it has kept that on check box as yes. I cannot change it. Please help
Posted Wed, 02 Nov 2022 10:50:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi
gjtaylor001,

If you are unable to delete the return from fill in your return, please contact our Online Services Helpdesk.

See link:

Technical support with HMRC online services   .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:59:59 GMT by johnwillerton
I solved mine as I realised the box with employer in saying TRIVIALITY(and numbers and letters) was a pension I had cashed in. Once you say yes it asks were you also self employed, no one at hmrc knew about this, the only suggestion they gave is try it on a different computer as stored cookies may be causing an issue. Hope this is of help

You must be signed in to post in this forum.