Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 15:13:41 GMT by dara chan
Hello I moved to the UK since end of July 2021. As a housewife , I do not have work , my saving interest less than GBP1000. My friend just told me everyone needs a UTR number even no work and income. Do I need to register UTR number? My husband submitted Self-assessment form but do not know how to use marriage allowance from me, do I need a UTR for him ? Appreciated all your feedback.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 17:20:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You only require a UTR if you meet the criteria to complete a Self Assessment tax return.
Please see: Apply for Marriage Allowance
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.