Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Jun 2022 05:26:00 GMT by A_J
Hi, I made payments into a workplace pension scheme (after I had stopped working for that organisation last year), and had received the 25% tax relief (claimed by my pension provider) for my payments. I'm trying to declare these contributions in my tax return but am not sure if I should use the amount I paid OR the amount I paid plus the tax relief amount received. (For e.g. if I had paid in 1,000 and received a tax relief of 250 on this, do I declare 1,000 or 1,250 in my return?) Could you please clarify which of these amounts should be used? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 22 Jun 2022 10:15:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You declare the amounts plus the relief  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.